This area is for my friends, family and co-workers for file sharing purposes. If I do not know you I will not grant you access. I also do not intend to provide any tech support, however I have included some tips below to help you if you do have questions.
What is FTP?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, or file transfer program; the program and protocol which allows files to be transferred across the Internet. For those of you not familiar with FTP check out this tutorial for a more in-depth look to what is FTP and how to use it.
How can I request Access?
If you would like access to my FTP Site contact me here. Please provide the following…
1) Your full name,
2) A VALID e-mail address
3) Make the subject “FTP Access Request”.
4) Requested password (a strong secure password containing capital letters and numbers is preferred)
Any requests made without this required information will not be set up. Also IF I DON’T KNOW YOU I WILL NOT GRANT YOU ACCESS!!
How do I use it?
After several (unsuccessful) brute force attacks, as well as the constant threat of ftp password “sniffers”, I have decided to secure my FTP server with SSL encryption. This means you will no longer be able to access the FTP server using a web browser. In stead you will have to use an FTP client such as Filezilla. The host address is “ftpes://ftp.jessevaughn.com” and your username and password is assigned to you by myself.
These are the setting you will need to configure in your FTP client to gain access…
- This first step is optional. It’s bad practice to have the FTP client remember passwords but this step will keep you from being nagged.
- Click Edit, then Settings, then Interface.
- In the “Behavior” box, uncheck “Do not save passwords”, then click “OK”.
- Change the “Logon Type” to “Normal”
- Host – ftp.jessevaughn.com
- Username – Enter your FTP username.
- Password – Enter the password for your FTP account.
- Change the “Encryption” to “Require explicit FTP over TLS”
How much can I download?
Please keep in mind that I am sharing a lot of bandwidth so please be courteous and contact me before you download any large files (700MB or more). Also if you intend to consume a large amount of bandwidth/data I must ask that you please contribute. Those that continually abuse the server without contributing will be banned.
How can I contribute?
There are three ways that you can contribute.
1) Upload something of value to the server. Once you log into the server you will see a folder called “Upload FTP Flies Here”. Everyone has full access to that folder. If you have something that you think would be useful that is where you can upload it. I periodically go through this folder and clean it up and anything that I feel is safe (virus and spyware free) and others will like I will then place in the appropriate fold. Anything that I feel is junk or unsafe will be deleted. Please refrain from uploading junk as this takes up space and clutters up the folder.
2) This may be the most easy way, visit on of my sponsors by clicking on a Google Ad below.
3) Donate some much needed funds by clicking the donate button below. Even One dollar helps. Proceeds will help pay for the bandwidth and upkeep of the this site as well as the FTP server.